Balloon Collaboration
December 10, 2019, 10:44:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: barntek.com is now part of the BarnTek information network...Currently redirected to barntek.net

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPS Data Collecting  (Read 6229 times)
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »

Ok, I have a couple of multiplexers hooked up and working now.  Basically, this will be an 8 channel Data Collector.  I have it prototyped up to cycle thru the 8 channels and I also have one channel tied to the GPS Thingy so that when that channel goes high, it triggers the GPS to dump its latest reading.   Now I have to work on the rest of the data collector, i.e. the eeprom, the rtc and making it cycle every 30 seconds, exactly.  Its a start, and I am glad I have until June to make it work...  hehe

When I get the Collector working, I will probably get with DaddyB and get that GPS from him and see if I can interface with it.

Also, I think it is kinda cool that I can control the 8 Channels (sending the Ready Signal AND receiving the RS232 per chanel) with just 5 pins on the PIC.  Muxxing is GREAT!!! Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: