Balloon Collaboration
February 27, 2020, 11:11:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DaddyB, Larry and Dan are your administrators...Private message for any problems or issues with the Forum//barntekadmin

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Blog, Wiki, Photo Gallery: October 07, 2009
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-evaluate the usefullness of these apps  (Read 2786 times)
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2009, 02:19:06 AM »

Re-evaluate the usefullness of the Blog, Wiki and Photo Gallery apps to include how difficult they are to update, post to and manage...
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 12:13:02 AM »

Ok, could I get some votes here..Here are mine

Photo Gallery - Easy to upload and post photos, but hard to caption and categorize them...The photo gallery needs the photos to be captioned otherwise they don't mean anything (except pretty pictures), I vote keep it for the time being, nobody has updated or posted anything in over a month

Blog - I put one article and the About Us writeup and then abandoned it...it is a pretty site but nobody is using it...I say dump it

Wiki - slowly but surely it's getting stuff put in...we even have contributions from Cheryl and I think Shiela somewhere...I like the idea that one person can start and anybody else can add or edit or fix spelling and grammar errors...If we were forced to dump everything else and keep one, I'd say keep the wiki

These are only my own opinion and I'm looking for yours... Don't write anything personal, I already know THAT opinion  Grin
sillykay
Family

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 08:28:41 PM »

I just wanted to let you know that I really like the wiki page. It's easy to manuver through and you use language I can understand.
There is only one thing wrong with it that I can see, ...I'm ready for you to add more stuff to read. You are doing a great job, keep it up. I love showing off to people at work of how smart my family is. I think they have a different view of me now. Well...not totally different, but they do know I come from a smart family  Tongue

Shiela B
Cheryl
Family

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 12:22:47 AM »

My vote...for what it's worth is:

Keep the photo gallery...I have not tried to upload any pics but I think the gallery is important to what you are trying to accomplish with this website.
Keep the wiki.
I never understood what a "blog" is so as far as I'm concerned you can dump it.

I wish I had more to contribute to the wiki but for now I enjoy looking at everyone else's posts.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:26:38 AM by Cheryl » Logged
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 05:02:45 AM »

I've removed the link to the blog in the menus at the top of the page...However, in case anyone wants to get in there and play with it "off-line", it's still available at blog.barntek.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: