Balloon Collaboration
January 24, 2020, 11:14:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DaddyB, Larry and Dan are your administrators...Private message for any problems or issues with the Forum//barntekadmin

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Studying Hard  (Read 1706 times)
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2009, 12:48:25 AM »

I've been brushing up on my HTML and learning about .css files and will soon be moving to php...CSS files are Cascading Style Sheets, the cascading means there is a hierarchy to what gets changed...This will make it easier to format the website so that all the pages look similar...I've created the base web look and will get it up on the server in the next few days...I'll add a link to this forum and I'm thinking of putting a 'wiki' on the site as well...That will be a lot of work getting that put together but I think it will be a good resource for people interesting in doing the balloon thing...
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:30:44 AM »

Ok I have the new page up...all out of my head and no help from Front Page...Not turning out to be as hard as I thought...Check it out and tell me what you think because this is the format that I will be using on all of them unless you have some ideas or suggestions...The link to this board opens another window..maybe I will be able to figure out how to add a "home" button to this thing one day  Smiley
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 01:30:18 AM »

I've started automating some of the mundane tasks with the website...I've been reading up on php and now can build a webpage with a consistent header and menu without rewriting the whole thing every time...I have a file called menu.php that will be used to decide what page you're on and how the menu should be presented, as in no link to the page you're currently on, but bold that menu item so you know that's where you are...also it will decide if there are submenus (like on the balloon2008 page) and display them in the correct place underneath the main menu ... Too much fun and not enough time for the hard work...anyway, you'll be seeing those changes come about when you look up and see the home page is no longer index.htm but index.php ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: