Balloon Collaboration
September 21, 2019, 01:15:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hosting for barntek.net has been extended for another 3 years

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding to the Web site..  (Read 9436 times)
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2009, 01:35:04 AM »

I've converted my 2008 balloon writeup to html so will be posting to the web tonite
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 05:17:07 AM »

My 2008 Writeup is done...
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:44:53 AM »

The site is looking good...  Will be nice to have a place to share all this stuff instead of email...
Thanks for the hard work...
DaddyB
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 03:07:16 AM »

Hey, the site is really looking good.  When you get ready for it, we can post the stuff I did for 2009 and then you can add or take away what you want.  This is saved as front page so it should be just a matter of changing the ftp site to send it to.
Looks like you have been busy and it is really paying off.  Thanks for a nice site...
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »

Ok you can start posting when you like...If you don't have the admin account information for posting to the ftp site, let me know by private message here or email me...If I haven't already done it, create a folder called Balloon2009, I'll also add Balloon2007 as well...you can use these as a 'junk box' if you want and just dump relevant stuff into the folders until we can sort it out and post it on a page...I was gonna start doing that today, putting all the pictures and spreadsheets and datasheets in the appropriate folders so I could see what all we have available (should be a LOT of stuff)...If you don't mind me tinkering with your website, I'll put our logo header on your 2009 site once you've uploaded it, but I'll leave the links back to your home page...Anyway, the design is almost there, now the REAL work starts, getting all the content in...Oh yeah, if anybody still has the video of the 2007 launch, we can split that up into chunks of the bits where something was actually happening...I don't think we have any video of 2008 and 2009 but if anybody has some, please let me know and we'll post it in the appropriate spot as well...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 05:17:29 PM by Dan » Logged
DaddyB
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 08:40:42 PM »

I think I sent you what you were asking for.  It is all in 'Balloon2009' folder.  The photos are in a seperate folder.  The htm page refers to that folder for the pics.

I'll check around and see if I have any video for 2008.  I think Mama took some.

Boy, godaddy sure is slow during the day.  I guess they have a lot of business customers that max it out.  Night time seems ok, though.  That is when we are using it the most anyway.

I have translated Larry's code to 'C' but so far, have failed to make it work.  I guess I'll have to wait for him to get back from vacation to meby get some answers.

Hope Liz gets her card.  We were late mailing it.
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 05:00:55 AM »

Balloon 2009 is linked on the Home page only right now, and I haven't updated the the original links on Daddy's website ... but it's there!! heheh I will convert it to the Barntek design (you WILL be assimilated!) and fix the menu links so they work on barntek...the Home page is the only one so far that's been converted to php so the other pages will pick up the 2009 link as I update them...
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 07:04:03 AM »

Balloon2009 is online now and fully converted to php...I took the liberty of changing the style of the accelerometer data page a bit so it launches an independent page in a stripped down browser window and a close button at the bottom...take a look and see what you think..I can do something else if you don't like it...I also added a copyright notice at the bottom for you...your pictures came out a lot sharper and brighter than the ones on my 2008 page, I think because the 2008 page was converted from a Word document...I may have to look at redoing the pics...Your 2009 definitely looks much better..

I will be converting the rest of the pages to php tomorrow
DaddyB
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »

Wow!  Don't change anything.  It looks really nice.  Sometime today, I will change my link to point to the Barntek page.  Try to get some sleep sometime though....  Smiley
Cheryl
Family

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 11:49:26 PM »

Wow Guys...the site looks really good!!  I know several people who will be interested in looking at it.  I wish I knew more about it so I could help.
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 03:32:48 AM »

Ok tonite I converted the Balloon 2008 and the Near Space website to php...I think all I have left to convert is the Dan's Writeup page underneath Balloon2008, then they will all have a common menu...cheryl: re your post..I don't know how much time you have to put into it, but I was wanting to add a 'wiki' to the site..that will be a big job putting that all together, but if you'd like you can work on that...also, I'm not very artsy, but was thinking that a logo using the pic at the top left of the Balloon2009 page and barntek written across it would be kinda neat...I have photoshop, but it takes me hours to do anything with it because I just don't have a good eye for stuff like that...the current logo is just Barntek written in a nice font on a transparent background...really inventive, eh?  Smiley Anyway, think about it...
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 01:39:25 PM »

Just out of curiosity...  What is a "wiki"Huh
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 06:00:53 PM »

A wiki is like a general knowledge base that is fully searchable and everybody can add to the content when they think of it...Like a checklist for launch, I could write one out using the best of my memory but you or someone else could say, but wait there's a step between 2 and 3 that you forgot...you could go and add that step and we would still have only one checklist, only better...rather than poring through all these notes and cluging one checklist together...I still like this bulletin board for posting requests and stuff (I want a email account) but the wiki could hold the combined experience of what we've learned about what works and what doesn't work...dunno, just one of the things I was thinking...Here's something better:

What is a wiki?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:02:44 PM by Dan » Logged
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 07:31:50 PM »

Ok, as in Wikipedia....   Gotcha, Thanks...
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 10:37:30 PM »

Ok, Balloon2007 has a parking page, just something to fill out the menu...I will add the wiki and see if there is any interest in using it...if not, should be an easy uninstall (and we'll still have 23 MySQL databases left to play with)...if so, we keep it...I'll read the article I posted earlier to see if I can figure out the best way to use it..

Next project:  Creating a photo gallery that will automatically see what photos are available in a given directory, and create thumbnails with links to them...That should be fun!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: