Balloon Collaboration
December 10, 2019, 10:03:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: barntek.com is now part of the BarnTek information network...Currently redirected to barntek.net

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Parts on order...  (Read 3124 times)
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:18 PM »

Well, I ordered a new accelerometer yesterday @ $35.00.  It is a 3 axis analog job.  Looks to be what I have been looking for.  Minimal pins, simple output.  Diminsioned to fit a standard 16 pin dip socket. 
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/DE-ACCM3D2.htm

I also ordered 3 new servos.  These are rated faster and more torque than what I am currently using.  Also has ballbearing and is suppossedly quieter.  They were on sale for $9.99 each, so I got 3. 
http://www.nitroplanes.com/41ghitoporac.html

I am going to try to build one of those balancing thingys Daddy was talking about.  I plan to use the accel to detect level and the PID algorythm to try to maintain the balance.

Eventually, I plan to try to build a flight control system for a model glider.
DaddyB
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 01:54:35 AM »

And just when I thought I was catching up to you, you changed gears!!   Grin

I can't wait to see how that works out....  Keep us posted..
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 02:31:05 AM »

hehe  I was telling Dale today that I really don't have anything definate planned for the little projects...  I guess they are just learning experiences for me.  If anyone comes up with a practical application for any of this, please let me know. Smiley
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:23:32 AM »

How about a camera mount for the bottom of the science package, so that when the package is swinging around, it still takes a horizonal picture...we could mount a still camera on it, or maybe a small video camera we could just turn on and let go...actually two video cameras side by side to see how well it works... Grin
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »

Ok, you went and done it now...  I have been thinking about this all day.  hehe  I guess my next project will be a self leveling platform.  I have a couple of ideas for how to contruct it (pivots and all) and also ran the idea by a machinist freind of mine at work.  For now, the only problem I can foresee is I think I will have to have the accelerometer exposed to the outside cold temps, not sure how it will handle that. But that is still far down the road.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: