Balloon Collaboration
December 14, 2019, 02:11:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DaddyB, Larry and Dan are your administrators...Private message for any problems or issues with the Forum//barntekadmin

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Science Project Request  (Read 2968 times)
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2009, 07:56:23 PM »

I was speaking to one of my friends the other day and his son is REALLY interested in our balloon project...As he heads back to school for this year, he will be joining the Science Club...His dad asked if we would be willing to hoist a project for the school if he were to mention it to them and they wanted to do it....I told him Yes, that was sorta the whole point of doing these things (besides getting cool pictures  Cheesy )...I did advise him that there would be limits, FAA mandated size and weight limitations and that once he got their interest, I would let him know what limits there would be ... We should start thinking about this because OUR limits would be more stringent than the FAA limits, after all WE need poundage for our part and would have to plan for the extra weight (bigger balloon? certainly more gas)...I should know in the next week or so if they are interested...
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 12:39:22 AM »

Well, I still haven't heard back from my friend about the school project thing...What do you think about approaching the High School there in Perry about a school project?  I could write a letter if you like to test the waters and see if there would be any interest, but I need to know what everybody else thinks about this idea before I go forward with it...Would you want them to have only an experimental role as in just coming up with experiments to ride up or would you want them to participate in everything, planning, launch, recovery...Or would the whole idea just be too much trouble, you think?  It could be a lot of work!  What think ye??
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »

It sounds interesting, but I think if we are going to approach others, we may need to decide on absolute limits such as size, weight, and things I can't think of right now...
sillykay
Family

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 02:03:08 PM »

You know if the High School found out that every one of us graduated from there and are smart enough to do something like this, it's going to ruin their reputation.

Shiela B
Cheryl
Family

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »

Larry makes a good point but I think it's something worth checking into.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: