Balloon Collaboration
December 12, 2017, 08:04:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DaddyB, Larry and Dan are your administrators...Private message for any problems or issues with the Forum//barntekadmin

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking Program  (Read 847 times)
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2015, 03:26:29 AM »

Based on this year's experience, I think we all know that we need more than one computer tracking the balloon.  I tried to setup something similar to what Danny runs, but the software is old and some is obsolete. 

I started thinking about the Internet version that Danny wrote, and the fact that I figured out how to decipher the KISS TNC stuff, and I think I am going to try to write my own tracking program in Python.  I found there is a Google Maps API library for Python, so I am going to install it and start playing with it and see if I can come up with something.

Google Maps API Library for Python

I don't know if this is the Library I finally end up with or not, but this is where I am going to start.
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 03:52:38 AM »

ok, that google api thingy made absolutely no sense to me...  but I did find this...  a tutorial to do exactly what I amwanting to do. So, I have already shifted gears...  hehe Grin

Tutorial site
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: