Balloon Collaboration
December 12, 2017, 08:05:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hosting for barntek.net has been extended for another 3 years

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Networking with Raspberry Pi  (Read 1382 times)
barntekadmin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2014, 08:20:15 PM »

OK, I know it ain't exactly "right", but...  I kinda stole this blog and copied it to our server just in case the original disappears sometime.  It is unmodified, so all the right folks should get credit...   Just don't comment on the blog itself.

Having said that, this blog explains how to setup a RasPi so you can access it thru Windows Networking.  I did it the way they said, then I figured how to make any folder accessible.  This could come in handy dealing with the Motion Program which like to keep saving pics and vids.

Anyway, here is the blog...

Blog
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 08:26:05 PM by barntekadmin » Logged
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »

And, by barntekadmin, I meant me!!!
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »

Did you install this and how well does it work?
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »

Even if I don't use Samba, I learned that you can paste text into PuTTY using right-click with the mouse...another cool tip, if the copy you command ends with a CRLF (End of Line) it will run the command as soon as you do the mouse click...Cool!
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 04:32:47 PM »

Yeah, I installed it and it works fine.  It will allow you to stream pictures and watch videos which are stored on the pi. In fact, once this is all set up, if my pi hostname is Master, all I have to put into putty is 'Master' instead of 192.168.1.50.  

The copy and paste thing works great.  I use it quite a bit from the windows box, but mostly from my linux machine.  When I write Python programs, I SSH into the pi for my linux machine, then open nano to edit my program.  I will SSH from another terminal into the same pi, and use it to run the code I wrote from the other terminal.  That way, I have the code open all the time, even while testing the program.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: