Balloon Collaboration
September 21, 2019, 01:16:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DaddyB, Larry and Dan are your administrators...Private message for any problems or issues with the Forum//barntekadmin

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time Lapse - Stitching together images  (Read 1515 times)
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2014, 02:24:35 PM »

I came across this on the web and though I would post it here for remembrance.  I like it because it doesn't require the image files to be consecutively numbered.  It generated an .avi file, but I am not really seeing a downside to that.  It should be convertible if necessary.  The source of this information is located here: Click Me!!

Here is the text of what it says:
Stitching images together

Now you'll need to stitch the photos together in to a video.

You can do this on the Pi using mencoder but the processing will be slow. You may prefer to transfer the image files to your desktop computer or laptop and processing the video there.

Navigate to the folder containing all your images and list the file names in to a text file. For example:

ls *.jpg > stills.txt

On Raspberry Pi or other Linux computer

Install the package mencoder:

sudo apt-get install mencoder

Now run the following command:

mencoder -nosound -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:aspect=16/9:vbitrate=8000000 -vf scale=1920:1080 -o timelapse.avi -mf type=jpeg:fps=24 mf://@stills.txt

Once that's completed, you should have a video file called timelapse.avi containing a time-lapse from your images.
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »

If you don't like .avi because of the size of the files, I use Freemake Video Converter...It converts pretty quickly and it's free
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: