Balloon Collaboration
December 15, 2019, 01:42:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: barntek.com is now part of the BarnTek information network...Currently redirected to barntek.net

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware Hack  (Read 1872 times)
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:50:29 AM »

Since this is all about the Balloon, have you powered one of these with a battery or would you like me to work that angle?
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 04:45:38 AM »

I've ordered several (cheaper in bulk) LM7805 converters that will convert the 12V from our main lithium battery source to the 5v that the rasp pi will work on.. Ok, so I could have gutted a car plug-in that charges your iPod to do the same thing but it wouldn't be "our design"...The biggest concern that I will have is interference from the GPS transmitter (micro-Trak 400) into the rasp Pi... it will be interesting to see what they will do in close proximity and both trying to do their jobs...Remember what happened when I tried to short-cut the power wires across the xmitter in the Altoids can...

"Measure twice, cut once"...

Dan
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 02:09:37 PM »

I have not tried running one off a battery, yet.  What I was interested in was whether we could, also, run a powered USB hub off the same battery. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: