Balloon Collaboration
December 10, 2019, 10:46:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hosting for barntek.net has been extended for another 3 years

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Board Design  (Read 2907 times)
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

I've been reading up and finally figured out (sorta) the top of the forum board, so unless anyone has any objections, I will be removing the 'simple machines forum' logo and replacing it with the BarnTek logo, I'll also set it so that the Barntek logo links back to the home page...I need some feedback now, do you mind that we open the forum in a new window (which I did because I couldn't figure out at the time how to link back to our site) or would you prefer that we open the Forum screen in the same browser window and then link back to the site using the logo? Now I'm gonna play with some of the features here and run a poll...hahah only two people to vote but lets see how it works...
DaddyB
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 12:14:42 AM »

I am still Learning this stuff.
When we didn't have a way back to the home page, it was nice to be able to x out the forum and you would be back to the home page.  But.... since you have made the logo back to the home page that makes it just as good or better.  I am for that. (the Logo).  I feel very powerful right now.  By casting my vote, I represented 50% of the voters!!
sillykay
Family

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »

I'll represent some and say whatever Daddy says is good for me.

Shiela B
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 11:50:10 PM »

Yeah, I kinda like it staying in the same window...  If I want it in a new window I can right click it and tell it to do it..
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 10:31:51 PM »

Ok, you've probably noticed that I've done it now...the bulletin board will appear in the same window (not a new window anymore)...clicking on the BarnTek logo will return you to the home page...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: