Balloon Collaboration
December 15, 2019, 03:04:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hosting for barntek.net has been extended for another 3 years

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going Headless...  (Read 1802 times)
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2013, 08:50:49 PM »

I decided to decapitate my Pi.  I figure, if it is going to go up in the balloon, it really doesn't need a monitor, mouse, or keyboard.  I am still tethered via my Power supply and Ethernet cable, but I will soon cut those as well.

I am using PuTTY and the SSH connection for basic command line access, which will handle the majority of stuff, but until we get airbourne, I like looking at a GUI desktop.  So, for that, I am using VNC.  I followed the directions at this site, and they worked for the most part, but I think the part where it starts the server automatically when it boots still needs to be tweeked.  I will work on that later.  Also, I am getting a little lazier, so I am just linking to the instructions.  I may come back later and rewrite them the way it worked for me.
DaddyB
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:51:10 AM »

I have VNC running and it looks good.  However, I still haven't been able to run the program I wrote via VNC.  That is ok though, I don't think it will make that much difference with my stuff.  Thanks for the info and all the help in getting it up and running.  You're a good teacher!  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: