Balloon Collaboration
January 29, 2020, 09:54:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DaddyB, Larry and Dan are your administrators...Private message for any problems or issues with the Forum//barntekadmin

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SSH & Windows  (Read 1781 times)
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2012, 05:25:06 AM »

I think this is pretty cool...  I found out that if you enable SSH in the raspi-config, then you can use this program called puTTY to control the pi from you windows desktop.  You will get a window that looks like the LXTerminal and you will log in - user and passwd.  Then you will be on the PI.

First, you need to get on the pi and, from the LXTerminal, execute the command ifconfig.  (That is NOT a misprint...  ifconfig).   This will give you info about eth0 and the loopback.  I don't have wi-fi, so I I don't know what it will have pertaining to that.  The second line of the eth0 section, it sould say inet addr:192.168.1.106 (or what ever the pi's IP address is.

When you run puTTY, use this address and port 22.  It should give a warning window, then go on to the screen when you click ok.  if it doesn't work, let me know, and I will try to help you out.
DaddyB
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 04:02:26 AM »

I tried it but got a "connection refused" error....    Angry

Grin Disregard.  I enabled SSH and it works now.... and it is working with wireless.... 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:08:37 AM by DaddyB » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: