Balloon Collaboration
December 15, 2019, 01:43:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DaddyB, Larry and Dan are your administrators...Private message for any problems or issues with the Forum//barntekadmin

Home   Help Search gallery Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Web Pages  (Read 6274 times)
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »

If anybody would be interested in setting up a personal web page using our web space, let me know and I'll set you up...it would obviously still use the barntek.net domain, but I can set it up so you can address it as dan.barntek.net or whatever...we have a LOT of space on GoDaddy and we might as well be getting use of it...Let me know
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 09:29:04 PM »

I will take you up on that....   I guess larry.barntek.net would work...  Thanks...
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »

ok man, you're set up... larry.barntek.net ... I slapped a starter page up there for you too...remember that this is a linux server but if need be we can install Front Page extensions...php for server side programming and we can create 20 more databases (MySQL) if you want or need one...You can use the barntekadmin login to ftp your stuff up to it (path is personalpages/larry) or I can build you an FTP account specifically for that folder...whatever's easier for you...have fun, I'm looking forward to seeing it Smiley
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 04:35:42 AM »

I think you scared me with all that Linux and php stuff...   Shocked
Not really sure what I will do with it, so don't get excited, yet... Wink

Thanks anyway... hehe
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 06:15:20 AM »

I just mentioned that in case you wanted to do anything fancy...regular ole HTML works just fine too...if you want to dive into it though, take a look at our Links page and check out the "Web Building Tutorials" .. good stuff!
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 10:40:14 PM »

Ok, I am trying to install a different Photo Gallery thing on the server called 'Gallery 2'...  it is open source...   During the install, I get to this spot and I don't know what to put in...

Database Setup

Please select your database type and enter your database authentication information. The installer will not create the database for you, so you must create one yourself and enter the database name here. If you are installing Gallery into a database that already has tables in it, the table and column prefixes will keep Gallery data from conflicting with what you already have.

Database type: MySQL (v3.23.34a and newer)
DB Hostname: localhost
DB Username: root
DB Password:
DB Name: gallery2
Table Prefix: g2_
Column Prefix: g_

Now the DataBase Type is a dropdown box with several options, but what I am showing is what it defaults to.  If you would, please send  me the info to fill in here.   I am aware of the password issue, so if you want to send it to my email address, I will understand.  No sense giving out too much info here...  hehe
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 05:46:06 AM »

Is it one of the godaddy apps or something you found on the internet?  I would assume that you have to create a new database (use the MySQL app in the Hosting Manager) before you start installing the gallery, as you create the databases you will be prompted for all that info or actually given that info...If you get stuck, I'll give it a go and see if I have any better luck...
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »

yeah, it is something I found on the net...  I know absolutely ZERO about MySQL and things like that...  I may just abandon it...  Like I said, I don't really have anything in particular in mind for this site...
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »

Well, if you still want to give it a try, you usually don't have to worry about MySQL programming and stuff...that's all done within the app itself...but it sounds like you DO have to at least build an empty database for it to work with...I'll help you out if you like..
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 11:00:23 PM »

Yeah, I would like to try it out...  The installation folder is in the personalpages folder and called larry_gallery...  There is a ReadMe file in there that helps explain what is needed...   Any help would be good... Smiley
Dan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 12:32:30 AM »

Ok no problem...shouldn't be that hard to set up...I sent you an email, hit me up or call me when you're ready to set it up and I'll help you thru it...
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 04:21:29 AM »

hee  hee   hee....  Thanks to the help from Dan the Man, I now have the basics of my photo gallery set up on my web page (Larry's Site).  It currently has only one picture, but I plan to expand from there.  Take a look, but be patient...  I have only just begun....   Grin

Thanks Dan!!!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:02:21 AM by Larry » Logged
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 02:22:06 AM »

Check out my new Blog page...  I had to set up a new MySQL db to install the Blog software, and thanks to you I was able to do it myself.   I also remembered you and DaddyB talking about the RSS stuff and I have my blog linked to this forum...  it is kinda cool... Smiley
Cheryl
Family

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 06:35:06 PM »

Larry, I just checked out your new site and it really looks good.  I like your daily journal...that's cool stuff!
Larry
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 05:14:33 AM »

Thanks...  I just installed a feature that allows me to modify the page easily, so keep checking back and see what changes I make to it.  Mostly, it will just be in the way it looks.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: